Sunday, August 28, 2011

In Your Arms

I'm turning the world off, embracing the silence
Walking away from all the voices that are screaming in my ear
I've been too caught up; I've been so stressed out
And all of the noise replaced the whisper that used to be so clear
So I close every door and put my face back on the floor...

~"In Your Arms," Meredith Andrews

"What do you want to teach me, God? What are you asking of me? What do you want me to hear from You?"

The questions continue as my frustration grows at the lack of communication I seem to be having. Are my prayers getting through? Do dorm room walls somehow block out Jesus?

And then, all of a sudden, the answer slams into me, as subtle as a sledgehammer and as gentle as a landing butterfly.

Be still!

There is nothing that compares to sitting with Jesus for minute upon minute, hour upon hour... But in the middle of so much going on, what about when I don't have time for hours to be still?

But He didn't say, Be still for six hours. He just said, "Be still! Period!"

So I did...

Oh goodness, Jesus loves me. How much He longs to tell me, every day, through everything! How He wants me to run to Him, let Him protect me, understand how He watches over me. How desperately He longs for me to obey Him so that I can experience greater intimacy with Him.

And as I kneel in His throne room...how He longs to rise up from His throne, and rush down to me.

To me!!

I love you, He whispers. Can I show you? Can you see everything in this entire world as part of a love song and a love story I am writing between us? Can you see everything as an opportunity to come closer to Me? Can I pick you up, can I hold you close, can I guide you and lead you and love you?

How He loves...

"Be still," He whispers. "Be still and let Me love you."

That's all He wants to teach me right now. Because nothing else in this world matters. We love because He first loved us...so how can we love without understanding the depth of that glorious love?

Oh, that He would love in and through me!