Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me.

Simple fact.

Jesus loves me.

He does not want me to be miserable.

He does not have devious plans to ruin my life.

He does not hate my stuff.

He does not want me to be a dull, boring person cooped up in a bare house my whole life.

He doesn't want me to never have fun.

He loves me.

And He knows. He knows the plans He has for me. He doesn't have a vague inkling. He doesn't randomly switch His ideas about my future on every odd-numbered Tuesday. He knows.

Goodness knows I don't... I'm glad Someone does!

When I feel like I don't fit in... When I wonder to myself, "What in the world am I doing here?"... When I want to turn and run the other way, a gentle whisper embraces my heart and says, "I love you, and I know."

I still don't

But He does. And He loves me.

And when I hang back, he turns His head to look at me. He smiles, holds out His hand, and without a word, His eyes say, "Will you follow?"

When I say, "I can't," He says, "I can."

When I say, "It's too hard," He says, "My burden is light."

When I say, "It's too dangerous," He says, "You will walk through fire and not be burned."

Through fire!...and not be burned!

Jesus loves me.

Jesus loves you.

The least I can do is love Him back.