Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Gospel

This morning I woke up. As usual.

No. Not as usual. There was something different about this morning. Something was pressing heavily on my heart, trying to make its way in. I tried to shake it off. It was the oddest feeling. I was missing something...something important.

I felt distant, disconnected. Alone. I could barely breathe.

I stumbled down the ladder from my bed and got on the floor, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I was just tired. That had to be it.

Then, through a series of events, videos, songs, thoughts, verses...the Gospel finally pressed itself in, in full force, with all the breathtaking power that is contained within.

I wrote a very long post about the Gospel. And then I deleted it. Not because it shouldn't be told, again and again and again...but because the only line Jesus had pounding through my mind was the following:

Jesus died my soul to save.

Can I repeat it?

Jesus died my soul to save.

God died.

To save me.

To save you.

Death could not keep Him down. And it cannot keep me down, for I have been given the power of the Gospel through Christ Jesus. He has won...and He is allowing me to partake in the victory. He wants to pour a little of it through my life every day.

This morning I was taken to the Cross as though for the first time.

That is my prayer for you.

Abundant joy. Abundant peace. Abundant life. Abundant freedom.

They are all found at the dust at the foot of the Cross.

Jesus died my soul to save.

And yet He lives.