Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Romance of Life

My very own Valentine Dare was a personal success. A rousing success.

A total turnaround in the way I approach life.

It started with an early morning. A very early morning. But that was okay, because I knew Jesus was going to give me a gift.

It was cold and rainy. But that was okay, because I knew Jesus was going to give me a gift.

Classes were long and tiring. But I didn't think about that for long -- I was waiting for a gift.

My eyelids were heavy all day. But my heart was awake, because I was anticipating a gift.

I got a gift. More than one, really. Lots of little ones, and a day with the king of Kings.

And the greatest part of the day was when I heard Him whisper, "Let's do this every day."

I began to notice gifts in the strangest of things.

A lab that got out early. A spontaneous Starbucks run with a sweet friend. Warmer-than-of-late weather. A playful squirrel.

And even better, I was always looking. Always asking. Always anticipating. Always excited.

I think, my friend, He has a gift in every day.

It might be small.

But it's there.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." -James 1:17

Life is more lovely when you're always looking for a gift.

Let's do it.